Monday, February 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Happy Birthday Dad! Today is my dad's birthday he would have been 55 this year (I think). The last birthday I remember with him we went to one of his favorite resturants and ate dinner with all of our family. Today my prayer is that he with with my brother Aaron and letting him know that he is right there beside him cheering him on to recovery. Aaron has been in the hospital for 4 wks now and things were looking good... but know he has had a set back. I hope it is just a small bump in the road. (Please God let it just be a small bump in the road.) By the Grace of God our family is staying strong in faith and we know that Aaron can get through this. I just hope that dad has come to him in his sadation and given him some spiritual strength from above. Aaron is frustrated right now just as any of us would be and I pray that his faith will only grow deeper during this journey. God Bless all of you and thank you for all of the prayers. Everyone has done so much for Aaron and our family we can't thank you enough. Dana P.S. Blogger is not spell-checking today please excuse my mistakes. At least I can blame it on 8 months pregnant and tired! The baby is using my brain at the moment.

3 comments:

Sheryl at Friendship Cottage said...

Your dad was one of the kindest people I've known, not to mention some of the funnest times in my life were spent with him and your family! Dad's check in on us - I know mine does - and I've no doubt he's there with Aaron when everyone else has to go home. Prayers for good news today.
Love - Sheryl

DEAR FRIEND said...

DANA,
Happy birthday to you and to Dad, Ron.He was such a sweet man and Aaron reminds me of him in so many ways. So laid back, as you said he was and Aaron is such gentle men full of so much love for their family. I know he is right beside Aaron during this time sending him strength. I am so glad you Mom is getting away for a few days as hard as it is for her to go. I hope she can get some much needed rest although I know this will be difficult.We are all praying for Aaron daily and for all of you for safe travel back and forth.
Love to all,
Jackie

Cindy Flora said...

yes Uncle Ron would have been 55 - he is 4 years older than me - guess I just gave my age away.

I made the comment to Aaron at Kyle's wedding on how much he reminded me of his dad - glad I'm not the only one who sees that.

The three of you have turned out to be such pride and joy - he was so proud of you and I know your mom is too.

Wish I was closer to help in any way I could - all I can do is say prayers and know that a lot of people we all care very much about are watching over him and helping all through us - and he will make it!!!

Love Cindy