Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Counter Tops Installed!

The counter tops were installed yesterday and for laminate they look great! We chose to mix white stone looking laminate with butherblock. Both the sink area and the antique kitchen island have butherblock counters. The bar will be able to seat up to six bar stools and that still leaves plenty of standing room because this is were everyone will most likely gather. Talk about a junk shop find!
Mom and I found this lamp and fell in love with her immediately. Her colors although peeled in places, are vibrant and it really makes you wonder about her history. This is one of my most favorite pieces in the entire house, she really sets the stage when you come into the front door. Today the lighting is being installed and I can't wait to see the fabulous MaKenzie Childs Chandelier being hung above the dining table. You'll just have to stop back to see more. Your comments are always appreciated and welcomed! Have a great day! dana

2 comments:

Sue said...

The counter tops look good, I can't wait to see them. Have fun today but don't work too hard.
Love you,
Mom

Megan Lynn said...

Everything is coming together so well, you are so gifted and put such a special touch on every inch of your projects! Your attention to detail is wonderful. I enjoy checking in on your projects and you have inspired me for several years...you make it seem so effortless. Thanks for the quick advice at Stone Soup the other day, I was feeling so overwhelmed. I may pick your brain some more if you don't mind, I don't have the luxury of taking my time seeing as how we are in a time crunch so I can use all the help I can get!

(As usual, another project well done, you are so talented and I think I know where you got it, your mom is amazing too)!
Love, Megan