Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Pretty in Pink and Green!

Some days you just feel like a warm bath and tea for one...
Master Bath
Our master bath is very fun and also done in pink and green. In here I used a Laura Ashley wallpaper that I fell in love with immediately. It is the prettiest shade of apple green and the large rose bouquet pattern makes the room feel bigger than it really is. I used all crisp white tile and fixtures to give it a clean and fresh look. I love using white in bathrooms because it's so classic and you can change small things to give it a new look.
Our Master Retreat!
One of my favorite rooms in our home is our master bedroom. I love pink and green, when we built this house I knew I wanted a pink and green master suite. We love our big green bed, I was very nervous going from a queen to king but my husband Doug talked me into it when I was about 6 months pregnant with our first son Blake. I thought that it would take over the room and actually I think it fits a lot better than the queen ever did. (Besides there is only enough room for One Queen in this room... Hee Hee!)
The furniture in this room is sort of a mixed bag. I have two antique dressers that my mom gave me when she sold Summer Hill cottage in Harbor Springs. The two antique chairs were leftovers from when we closed our boutique Chloe's a few years ago. I love the chairs! I only wish I would have taken a before picture because although they had potential they were sort of scary looking. A fresh coat of white paint and an adorable Laura Ashley green and white polka-dot fabric and wah-la their beautiful again. The curtains were custom made by my wonderful sister-in-law Angie and we made them out of extra sheets from my Ralph Lauren floral bedding. I painted the walls Benjamin Moore 415 out of the classic collection and it is a soft crisp green that is very soothing and a great bedroom color.
This room was so much fun to decorate because my house is done with a lot of red, yellow and green. I didn't want what everyone else had, I think I achieved the look that I was going for. I hope you all like it and I hope it inspires you to master your own bedrooms!
Many Blessings, dana

3 comments:

Sue said...

Pretty pictures. Every thing looks lovely and so clean ;)
Love you,
Mom

Pink Icing on the Cake said...

Hi Dana,
What a beautiful room. Thanks so much for stopping by today. Please stop by anytime.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Dana,
I was wondering,did you happen to see my bedroom in the April/May
issue of Country Sampler Magazine? It was so fun to see that I have the same colors as you do, woman ask me if Don minds this...he assures me he doesn't care at all, if I am happy it makes him happy! Your room is so beautiful,and your whole house should be featured in a magazine...the guest house too!
I love visiting your blog so much.

I wanted to tell you how happy I am for you on the baptisim of your hubby and son, your heart most be so full and blessed!
Have a great rest of your week and stop by, I finally got blogger to publish my post tonight :( it was acting up all day!

XXOO,
Donna Lynn