Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Freeze What?

Well they made it through the "Freeze Warning" last night.
Doug and I were laying in bed watching the news when the weather man came on and said "cover up the gardens and pots, we have a Freeze Warning in affect for tonight."
Doug and I looked at each other and knew what we had to do at that moment. (It might of been, that I looked at him and knew what we had to do at that moment... but same thing right?) We had to save our flowers! So we got out of bed and start collecting all the flowers. Here we are in our pajamas and when I say pajamas I am using that term loosely. I looked over at Doug and he is running around in his slip on work boots and shorts.
(We were a sight for sore eyes... as they say) We were running all over and around the property collecting flowers. It was a pain and it was really cold. But it was worth it to wake up to our beautiful flowers this morning and realize that we helped them get through another freezing cold night.
Dear God, I pray that that was the last of the
"Freeze Warnings"
I hope all of you are waking up to beautiful things, that can make you smile and think of the wonderful creations that God has created for us.
I hope you have a beautiful day!
Many Blessings, dana

8 comments:

Sue said...

Oh I bet Doug was just thrilled to have to go outside in his briefs to save the flowers, bless his heart! He is such a sweetheart for helping out the cause ~

Thirkellgirl said...

Lol! I remember dh running outside trying to cover his newly-planted tomato plants during a sudden hailstorm, and we've run around trying to protect our flowers from a late frost, too. Mr. Thirkell has swatted at raccoons in his shorts and shoes late at night, for sure.
Love your blog - more guest house photos, please. :)

Donna Lynn said...

Goodness, when is is going to really warm up for real? It was 47 degrees this AM, I had to wear a long sleeve shirt to take my walk, my hands were freezing! :(

So glad you saved your flowers, even if you looked a fright while doing it! LOL!
Have a great Friday and weekend to come!
XO,
DL

Megan Lynn said...

your flowers are beautiful! I was wondering if you could tell me the yellow paint that you used in your house, and I believe we had in Chloe's? It is a nuetral yellow, if there is such a thing, and it compliments the red and green so well. Thanks, hope all is well. Tell everyone I said hello!!-megan

Dana said...

Benjamim Moore 317, good luck megan!

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Dana,
Hope your weekend was lovely and your family is well!

XO,
Donna Lynn

Donna Lynn said...

Dana,
Hope all is well with you, are you OK? Haven't heard from you in a bit...

XO

Rue said...

Hi Dana :)

I'm glad you saved the flowers! I've had to do the same thing before.

Have a beautiful evening,
rue