Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Basement in Progress!

This is the bar area in the basement we had the cabinets custom built by a local craftsmen. I did the back bar in a clubhouse green stain. The bar and columns were made out of Birch and stained a dark rich walnut color. All of our trim upstairs is white and my husband really wanted the basement to be more masculine and dark. So I used a different color palette for the downstairs and went with: (Colorado Grey, Desert Tan and Rosemary Sprig)
all by Benjamin Moore.

This is just a spot for the kids to watch movies, play music. In this room is where we keep all of the kids toys and our kids favorite rocking horse.

This is the big movie room. There is plenty room for everyone and we all love to cozy up in here for movies and such. We put carpet in most of the areas in the basement except for in the bar area and laundry/bathroom. The carpet is made by Shaw and is sage green. The only thing we purchased for this room was the Smith Brothers sectional sofa and the TV stand. Everything else is what I call "green" reused, reused and reused.

The floral chairs and sofa were all pieces saved from my mother's home in Harbor Springs. After she sold her home, I kept a lot of her beautiful furniture that she didn't have room for and thank God because this huge basement would look bare w/o it. I love all of my pieces that my mom has given me and the stories and the history behind her antiques help make my house a home.

I Thank God for all beautiful things!

More to come on the Moore Basement and Laundry...

5 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

How lucky you are to have such a great space for your family to enjoy! Thanks so much for the tour, it all looks like a great place for your family to be together and make memories.
xo Lidy

Sue said...

Very pretty baby doll. I can't wait to see the laundry room.
Hugs,
Mom

Dana said...

I will post on the laundry room tomorrow! Patience... LOL

Good night, dana

Self Confessed Lamp Tramp said...

Dana, thanks for for your sweet comment! As soon as I stated looking and reading your pages, I knew immediately that Sue is you Mother. The exquisite taste, attention to detail, plus the guest house(which I've seen on her blog)gave it away. Everything is so beautiful and inviting. I am humbled and honored to have a look at your work!

Cote de Texas said...

your house is so pretty! And that guest house is adorable - is that on your property? soooo cute!!!

thanks for the comment.

Joni