Monday, August 4, 2008

Summer Fun, Traveling and more Traveling...

Well, it has been awhile since I have had time to blog. I have missed all of you and I thought I would just try and cluster all of what we have been up to into one post.
Camping, Fishing, Eating...
We went camping this past weekend and had a great time. Blake, Grandpa and Doug fished a lot and caught quite a few 4-10 inch blue gills. This may sound a bit small and uninspiring to you... but Blakey was in heaven with his little fish and spider man fishing rod. He came up for breakfast yesterday morning and wanted to give me a big smooch, then he proceeded to tell me that he had kissed his last fish he caught and wanted to share that kiss with me as well. Yum...

Nolan is getting so big and he did great on vacation. I was proud of both of the boys, we have been haulin' everybody all over the countryside and they seem to keep up with us just great.

God Thank you for blessing us with such adaptable boys and I pray that they continue to be this good for many many many more years. Amen.

We went Kayaking for the first time and it was so fun. I had never done it before and it was such a great workout and family thing to do. Blake sat on Doug's lap most of the time and the baby stayed on shore of course.

Good Morning Sunshine!

Nolie all wrapped up in a warm towel on the boat!

Swimming at our Lake! The kids and I having a great time splashing in the water. Aunt Deanna and Nolan.
Thank you Aunt Dee Dee for your hospitality this past weekend,
we had a great time at your Lake House.
Our Beach Vacation!
Grandma Sue was our Nanny for the weekend and we had so much fun.
Thanks mom for the help with the boys, we are so blessed to have such
a wonderful mom and grandma. Homes that I love. Love...
Well this is what we have been up to. I am glad you stopped by.
What kind of family fun are you having or planning?
please leave me a comment, I would love to know!
Many Blessings, Dana

5 comments:

Betty said...

Dana,
I visit with your Mom and now enjoy popping in to visit with you...

What a fun time with your family....it shows through...

We have two daughters with families...we total 14 together...we go to the beach together for a week...then to our mountain cabin...we love each other and enjoy being together....

Your home is lovely as well as the guest house but how could it not be with Sue for a mother....Betty @ Country Charm

Dana said...

Thank you betty, I know that I am so blessed to have such a wonderful mother. I thank God everyday for the inspiration that she gives me. I wouldn't be where I am today without her by my side always loving and supporting me through the years.

Thanks Again for your comments.

Many Blessings to you and your family, I appreciate you sharing.

God Bless, Dana

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Dana, thanks so much for the very kind comments. Oh, these houses you took pics of look great!

About that clock, if you go back a couple of posts to The Estate Sale one, you can see the clock. I posted all my finds that day.

Rhoda

The Vintage Housewife... said...

hey sweet darlin...looks like you had so much fun with your sweet family!!!! i love the houseses that you love...and ooh that lil' fisher guy lookes so cute with his lil' fisher pole...thanks for swingin' by cat~

Sheryl at Friendship Cottage said...

The boys are getting so big! Can't believe I haven't even held Nolan yet! Looks like a fun vacation. Love to all - Sheryl