Monday, March 23, 2009

Our Beloved Spayds.

may you rest in peace spayds... Spayds loved to run free at Grandma and Grandpa's.
Blake and Spayds were the best of buddies.
Dear God,
(Please give Blake peace and help him understand.)
To Our Beloved Spayds...
I don't even know where to begin, Spayds was our dog for the past 11 years. She suddenly past away yesterday and our family is terribly saddened. Doug and I got Spayds as a little baby pup when we were in college. She has been with us through so much. Between, college, moving around, getting married, building a new house, having babies and seeing her go from our first child to being put on the back burner. Sad is what we are. I just can't believe that she is not here with us today, and won't be here for the days to come... Blake doesn't really understand... He knows that Spayds has died and that we had a little ceremony when we put her in the ground... but I don't think he gets that she won't be here with us anymore.
Spayds was such a great dog. She was so easy to train when she was just a pup. She was loyal and obedient, I never worried about her with the boys and besides getting in the trash a couple times a month she was so good. She sat by our feet and followed us around the house where ever we went. She was loved and she will be missed terribly. It is going to take our family awhile to adjust to not having her around but I know that we will be okay. She was my security blanket and I just feel like there is a large part of our family missing. Sad is what we are... but okay is what we are going to be. GOD bless you Spayds, you are truly missed.

8 comments:

Kate, Jason, Ella, Jack and Linc said...

So sorry, Dana. It is so hard to lose a pet. I am thinking of you and your family today.

Mrs. G said...

I am so sad too. Spady's was such a sweet pet. I feel especially bad that this tragedy happened on my watch. Beautiful post sweetheart.
Love you,
Mom

The Dowell Family said...

Remember the movie "All Dogs got to Heaven?" I believe that is where Spayds is there..running free and having as many Milk Bones as he wants:)

Your family will be in my prayers and I will especially pray for Blake that we will understand what happened.

(((((HUG))))

Anonymous said...

Dana,

So sorry to hear about your dog, I know you will be fine but it will take some time.....

(((hugs)))

Kathy :)

linda said...

Just stopping by and thought I'd leave a comment.

This just breaks my heart...I'm so sorry! We were never dog people until we adopted out little Jake 3 years ago. Now I can't picture a day without him. It will be hard for your family in the days to come...you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

(Our little Jake ruptured a disc in his back this last October and is now paralyzed and has no control of his bladder. The vet suggested that we put him to sleep but we just couldn't do it. Jake is alot of work now and it's now even like we have a dog anymore...it's like we have a newborn. Regardless, we couldn't put him to sleep just because he can't walk anymore. He's a member of our family!

Donna Lynn said...

Dana I am so terribly sad for you, I think about losing my precious Teddy and it kills me...I will pray for your heart to heal, I know good doggies are in heaven waiting for us! I have to believe this or I would fall apart...

Praying for you tons!
Donna Lynn

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Dear Dana,

I am so sorry about your sweetie pie Spayds. They become a part of our family. Thinking of you and yours.

Hugs,
Maryjane

Stacey said...

I'm so sorry about your dog passing away. My heart hurts for you.